Taichi and Taii for children
In exercising is important to be focused and tough, but sometimes You need to be careless. If you indulge in the joys and pleasures all the time, You will loose a life-giving spirit of spring and become like the deadly breath of autumn. Hong Zicheng
Teaching children in our school is a multifunctional system, including the development of physical qualities of the human, intellectual and spiritual development, character building, self-confidence. Generally speaking, everything You need for a harmonious development of the child.
Experience of work with children of different ages allowed us to develop an optimal training program for martial arts. It is based on the following principles:
- Individual approach. We take into account in the process of training individual characteristics and level of development of each child's abilities, strengths and weaknesses, temperament, motivation, attitude toward themselves and others to the education.
- Availability and strength. Education is built "from simple to complex" by taking into account the real possibilities of the child, preventing intellectual, physical and neuro-emotional overload. Methods and forms of training also correspond to the child's age characteristics.
- Focus on diversifying the harmonious development. We deliberately use the methods and means of martial art for the development of not only physical but also intellectual and spiritual potential of the child, skills of self-discipline and social competence.
- Formation and development of the child's interest in traditional martial arts and self-improvement. We believe that the interest is a talent that needs to be developed and cultivated from an early age. Special attention is also paid to the study of martial arts, ethics, basics of a healthy lifestyle.
- Game methods. Game methods provide children the joy and emotional lift, therefore, the interest and attention to the lessons becomes more stable, even learning of difficult exercises is easy and fun. And the ease of assimilation of different skills, in turn, helps to overcome anxiety and insecurity, making children's activities in the gameplay always successful.
- Use of group potential in education. Education in children's groups is based on the active cooperation of all participants of the educational process involving all kinds of media. Education in cooperation, mutual, in pairs and groups of lineup changes, active interaction in the classroom greatly facilitates the process, develops communication skills, creativity, self-confidence, activity, discipline and responsibility.
In general, training in children's group comprises three directions.
General physical training, which includes:
- Flexibility training;
- Cyclic exercises;
- Exercises to develop muscle groups.
Technical training. This is a training of:
- Basic techniques (training techniques of kicks, punches training techniques, grips and protective hand movements, jumps and beats jumping, acrobatics and so on.);
- Formal complexes;
- Working with partners;
- Working with weapons.
Special training. This is a training of:
- Muscular system;
- Positions of steps;
- Use of technology Taijiquan and Tayitsyuan;
- Techniques for working with wooden man-simulator;
- Methods of throws, grappling, retentions and exemptions from clutches;
- Special endurance;
- Special strength training;
- Co-ordination and balance.